Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Cleanse Day Three

Phew.  Today is better.  I feel at least 90% different than I felt yesterday.  Not grumpy, not thinking about food as much, not hungry and not feeling sick and achy.  This morning I even got myself motivated to go swim.  I have had ZERO energy since starting on Sunday and have only taken Leyton on a walk to daycare. It felt so good to get back in the pool today, made me want to go every morning actually.

For lunch today....I even ate celery.  It wasn't so bad!  I tried to eat it on Sunday and COULD NOT do it.  Yesterday I had a hard time with all the vegetables.  It was like my body was looking at this stuff saying, "If you put that in my mouth, I am going to get sick."  Although, it was probably my mind saying that more than my body.  So, each time I put something in my mouth...say a carrot..something I love....I would feel sick.  That was a lot of the reason behind why I did my dinner in two steps last night because at first the thought of a salad made me want to retch.

Today the smoothie tasted good, the vegetables tasted good and I'm loving my daily tea.  I have an iced green tea in the morning and a peppermint tea at night before bed.  I know I will continue the peppermint tea ritual long after this is over.

My other discovery......chia.

I love these damn seeds!  I had a hard time finding them in the store and bugged my eyes out a bit when I saw the $12 price.  Then I got home and realized how many you get and how little you need.  I'm not sure what it is about them but I find them delicious.  I love sprinkling them on my salad and veggies and they are so good for you.  I plan on keeping these in my diet too and adding them to as much stuff as I can.

Today I wanted them a little different so I added some water and just let them sit.  I added a little Stevia to them and nibbled on them with a spoon through out the day.  Looking at them I was afraid I would bothered by the texture this way...but they are delicious.  I used 4 Tbsp of Chia seeds and 6oz of water.  I just nibbled on this today and hardly any is gone so I figure I'm going to get about 4-5 servings out of this.  It's just a nice little snack and gives me a boost when I need it.  I may even try to eat it with some apple tomorrow...yummy!

As I write this I realize....was the Chia Pet these seeds?!  By then end of this I guess I'll have a lovely little chia pet growing in my tummy.


Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails