Monday, October 08, 2012

Cleanse Day 9

It's been over a week.  A week of smoothies in the morning and early afternoon, a big plate of veggies at lunch and a big salad at dinner.  Oh and a TON of water!!  I was thinking that this is likely the first time my body has not had sugar since I was an infant.  How crazy is that?

Overall, things went well this weekend.  I started the cleanse on a Sunday so this was my first full weekend.  I was worried.  Worried I would be more tempted since I would be in a house FULL of stuff I couldn't have.  It wasn't hard at all, in fact to MAKE things hard I decided to bake.  I bought a big flat of strawberries on Saturday and made homemade preserves and then homemade strawberry pop tarts.  I didn't even lick the spoon.  More important, I really didn't want to.

I also went swimming on Saturday.  I've been swimming now for a couple months.  I try to go three days a week but will admit there are times when one day is all I get in.  When I get in, I also never feel like I give it my all.  I just paddle around for a while and hop out.  On Saturday I dove in and the water was FREEZING.  So, I swam.  I swam and swam and swam and swam.  When I reached 40 laps I thought, "Maybe I will just do a whole mile."  Only, I couldn't remember what a mile was.  So I did 64 laps.....sadly just 6 laps shy of a mile.  It opened my eyes though.  I miss that.  I miss swimming for what seems like forever and getting out and feeling like a giant noodle.

So I called two friends and told them my idea...to make a Triathlon Team Getty.  See, I can't run.  My knees won't allow it and I've never been much into biking.  I can swim though!  It would be a way for me to get out and compete and raise more awareness.  So next summer we will compete in any tri's we can find that let you do it as a team.  I'm also going to sign up for at least 2 open water swims on my own. I do my best brainstorming when I'm swimming!

Finally it was Sunday.  The day to weigh myself.  While I feel amazing, I wasn't sure what I would really see on the scale.  When I hoped on, the scale was dead...no batteries.  I took this as a bad sign, but figured I would just weight later.  I did.  I lost 10.6 pounds.  I almost fell off the scale.  It was so wonderful to see that number on there.  To know that I am feeling so wonderful and my body is too.  Have you ever held an over 10lb baby for a while?  They are heavy.  Your arms get tired.  I was carrying that around just on my body.  Not only that but it was a toxin filled body.

There's 5 more days on the cleanse, but it's very likely I will do it for a whole month.  It it recommended for at least 14 days and ideal for a month.  So, I'm going to give it a go.  I'm sure the road will get rocky again, but so far I'm trudging through it and I have never felt better!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails