Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cleanse Day 15

I did it!  I completed my full two weeks of the cleanse.  It seems so silly, but this is really one of the hardest things I've ever done and perhaps the most eye opening.  While I knew that food had a hold on me, I really didn't realize how much.  I just figured I over ate and that was that.  I figured I had addictions and once I got over those it would be smooth sailing.

So, where does that leave me now.  Well for starters it leaves me 15.6 pounds lighter than I was 15 days ago.  It leaves me with a TON more energy than I have had in a VERY long time.  I honestly have never felt this good.  I think of all the times that I was just tired for no reason.  I mean really, how many of us say, "I'm so tired today and I don't know why." It happened to me all the time.  Sure, I still get tired.  I get tired though when Leyton doesn't sleep through the night and I get interrupted sleep.  I get tired after a full day of work, then taking care of my family and then working out.  I don't just sit at my desk every day tired.

It also leaves me so aware.  Awareness on a couple different levels.  I'm aware of my body, what it is telling me.  I know when it is hungry and when it is full.  I can tell when I'm just craving something.  I'm also aware of all the terrible food that is out there and how so many of us eat it.  I went grocery shopping the other day and watching was people put into their carts was astounding.  It was something I never would have paid attention to before.  To be honest, there were many times it was disgusting.  Thing is, I had to take a step back because not long ago that was me.  I would have been filling my cart with shit and by passing the foods that were actually good for me.

That all said, I'm not 100% sure where I stand at this point.  It's too early in that game to even figure out.  So I have decided to give it another two weeks.  I won't be doing the same regimen.  I'll be adding some roasted veggies and soups at dinner.  I'll be switching up the smoothie and adding more fruits.  I'll also be juicing for my breakfast.  I just need more time to decide what the right path is for me after all this.

Here's one thing I know for sure.  It is going to be a path of balance.  Do I believe that this plant strong diet is excellent for my body...yes.  Will I give up meat/dairy/etc forever...no.  I just can't be an extreme eater on any spectrum.  I have done that for too long.  If I can make smarter choices though I believe it is possible to find a balance in both worlds.  I see people doing that all the time.

Here's to another two weeks and finding balance!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails