Sunday, September 30, 2012

Getting clean.

Hi, it's Stacey, remember me?  I'm the girl that used to blog every day.  Yeah well for at least the next 14 days I can assure you I will be writing on here each day.  You see, I've started a cleanse.  I've thought about doing one a million times.  I'm not sure what finally motivated me enough to give it a go, but here I am.  Today is day one.

I've already been asked a couple times today by those following me on Instagram and Facebook why I'm doing this.  I'll try to give an answer that you all will understand.  I'm a mess.  I've gained weight, lost weight over and over again.  Too many times I want to admit and too many times for a 36 year old.  I've even written about it on here. 

My eating habits are terrible.  I eat out nearly every day for lunch and I can assure you I'm not making healthy choices.  Overall though, I just don't feel good.  I'm tired, I wake up feeling hung over and my digestive system is a mess.

I want to be better, I want to live better.  A cleanse felt like what I needed.  I didn't want to be able to "eat whatever I wanted and just count points, count calorie."  I know that what I am eating is an addiction and I need to break these habits, not make excuses for why I do them or make them fit into an eating schdule.

So with the help of a friend Scott I am taking this 14 day cleanse journey and have one day under my belt.  This is a sample of what I have had today.



In a quick summary, it is raw healthy vegetables and some fruit and a breakfast shake.  No sugar, soy, wheat, dairy or meat.  It's 14 days of eating NOTHING like I eat now.

One day in and how do I feel?  Like shit.  I'm tired, I have a headache beyond belief and I feel a little sick to my stomach.  To me though I take that as the first sign that I have a problem.  I'm sure it's a problem that a 44oz Diet Dr. Pepper and a two cheeseburger meal at McDonald's could fix right now, but seriously....that is not the answer.  One thing I have already realized tonight is that I didn't feel hungry much of the day....except for when I ate.  Then I was ravenous.  My body literally has no idea how to tell the difference between full or hungry and when I get food I just want to keep eating.

It's day one.  I have 13 more days to go and I know I will get there.  Scott said something amazing to me tonight.

"This could be the last time you have to do this.  Think about that."

So, that is my goal.  It's not to lose 100 pounds.  It's not to be a vegetarian or vegan or raw eater or exercise novice.  If some of those things happen along this journey then that is great.  My goal is for this to be the last time.  I don't want to keep having these first days to the rest of whatever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails