Tuesday, July 17, 2012

No really.....

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but there are times when I think most people don't grasp what it means when I saw "Leyton is a hard teether."  Yesterday we spent time at the doctor to see if he had an ear infection...nope just teeth.  A conversation I had with her went like this:

"When you saw me three weeks ago did I tell you that molars were coming?" - doctor
"Yes" - me
"Wow, and they still haven't broken through the skin.  Leyton is a tough teether." - doctor

At which point I tried to strangle myself with her stethoscope.

When we got home yesterday Leyton was MISERABLE.  He had already had Motrin and I had tried oragel.  He started laying his head on me and pulling on his ear.  The tooth hurts so bad his cheek is swollen and since it's in the back it makes him feel like his ears hurts.  For a while, his only comfort was having his ear pushed up against something.  There was NOTHING I could do.  That is so hard for a mom.  To see your child in pain and there is NOTHING you can do.  It's exhausting.

So I did what all moms do...I took a video.  I'm not sure why but I just felt I wanted people to see and know what this is like.


If this thing goes viral then I'm sure CPS will be knocking at my door soon.  I'll be the mom that wasn't comforting her child and was instead just letting him roll around in pain.  If it makes you feel any better at this moment he wanted nothing to do with me.  If anyone touched him he got worse.

Needless to say it was another long night.  He woke up at midnight and got in bed with us only to do this very thing on and off through the night.  Add to that his congestion, since he is Mr. Mucous when he is teething, and you have a lethal combination.

In the morning I woke up to this face.....

Yep, we love teething in this house.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails