Monday, May 21, 2012

One....more....week.......

We are in our house just one more week.  It's hard to imagine.  There is still a ton to move but we are making good progress getting into the new place.  I can't wait to be inside and start setting it up.  I definitely want to have the feel of our old house but I'm ready for some changes as well.  That's all going to take time though unless I find a magic box of money hidden somewhere while I'm packing.

Last week I had the first walk through with our current landlord.  In case you didn't know or need a refresher, read this to understand some of the relationship she and I have.  Needless to say I was not all too excited about this walk through.  How did it go?  Well, it was "fine" but I'm still uncertain how this is all going to go down.  What I mean by this is.....I want my fucking deposit back.

We've lived there almost 13 years.  In that 13 years she has painted the living room and redid some of the floors.  That's it.  I mean don't get me wrong, when the a/c went out she replaced it.  When the dishwasher broke she got a new one.  On the other hand, when mold started growing on the walls it was because we weren't keeping it hot enough.  When the oven started getting so hot you could burn yourself on the outside she had some crack job person come out to talk about how wonderful her ugly yellow 1970's oven is.  Nothing else has been painted.  Nothing else has been updated.  We never get a check in to see if anything needs to be worked on.

I on the other hand have painted all other rooms in the house, some of them twice.  I have had curtains made for the sliding door and large window in our bonus room because she never came through with promised curtains.  I have updated the lighting in four of the rooms.  I have installed new dimer switches in two rooms and updated the outlets in same room.  I have updated all the bathroom shelving and towel racks.  Do you want me to keep going?

Let's just put it this way.  I have done A LOT.  I have done more than any other renter would do.  I have updated her house and treated it as if it were my own.  I have billed her for nothing.

I'm not sure why exactly I've put up with it as long as I have.  Now that we are almost out of there I couldn't get out fast enough.  I have a feeling she is going to nickle and dime us for that deposit.  I'm a nice girl.  I treat people with respect and especially have respect for my elders.  I tell you what though, she better have valid reasons for anything she is keeping or I am taking that old bitch down!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails