Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The key....

We've moved, new house, blah blah...great blog post to give you about that, but we'll save that for later.  For now I have more ridiculousness to share with you.  Just in case you were thinking, "I don't know what Stacey's problem is...her landlord isn't that bad."

I told my landlord, who we will call Martha, that she could come to the house whenever she wanted to take care of anything she needed to.  I did it to be nice.  I did it in hopes that she would be nice back.  We aren't there anyway so what would it matter.

Yesterday she called and we had a nice chat about some of the things I was still working on and to schedule the final walk through for tomorrow.  There was an item that she had been asking about, and I also let her know that I couldn't find this item and would be replacing it.

It's called a Sprinkler Valve Key.  What does it do?  It helps give leverage so you can turn your sprinklers on and off.  Do we use it?  No.  Does she?  Apparently so.  I sent the husband to Home Depot and told him to pick one up, that way she wouldn't "bill" us for one.

This morning I dropped it off.

At lunch time I received a nice message from her, in a tizzy because the Sprinkler Valve Key that was there THIRTEEN YEARS AGO was short and the one that I replaced it with is long and it's important she has a short one like the one that was there before.

Now what difference does this make you might ask?  Well, with a short one you have to bend over in a hunch so you can turn the sprinklers on and off.  With a long one you can stand up nice and tall and turn the sprinklers on and off.  Makes a ton of sense right?

Tomorrow we do our final walk through.  I got her the short Sprinkler Valve Key she was looking for and I'm going to tell her just what she can do with the long one.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails