Wednesday, May 09, 2012

The Chair

There are times in my life in which I see items that I just know that I can't have.  Sometimes I can see something that I love, but I'm OK walking away without it.  Then there are the moments in which I walk away and feel sad.  Like I'm meant to have this item and for whatever reason just can't and so there is a hole.

It's ridiculous, I'll be the first to admit it.  I don't hold a ton of value in things so in these moments when I get so wrapped up in an item it bothers me.  I beat myself up about it and yet at the same time...I find I can't let the item go.

I once went on a girl's shopping trip with my mom and some friends to San Francisco.  At one of the very first stores we went to there was a sweater.  I loved it.  It was pricey.  My mom was willing to get it for me, but that was going to be it for the day.  Since we were just starting I passed up on the sweater.  I still remember that damn thing and am sad that I didn't own it.

Yesterday I met this chair.



It didn't come home with me.  We have a birthday party for my son, moving expenses and a vacation we are paying for so this chair is not in the cards for me right now.

One thing I'm certain of, I am never going to get this chair out of my head.  It's going to remain one of those items I wish I bought.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails