Thursday, May 17, 2012

A bit itchy.

Yesterday I went to Kaiser for my THIRD allergy test.  Yes, you read that right...THIRD.  See, when I was in high school I had no allergies.  I never sneezed, I never got itchy BUT if we drove through a grove of eucalyptus I would have trouble breathing.  Since I was going to Australia we thought perhaps I should be tested.

It turned out I was allergic to everything and they recommended shots.  Of course I was 17 and had no allergies so why would I ever do shots?!

Fast forward to about 10 years later.  I reached a point where not only did I have allergies, but I had them almost 365 days a year.  At times they were completely debilitating.  I couldn't leave the house and would shut all the windows and sometimes just Benedryl myself until oblivion.  I decided it was time to do shots and so I had another test.  The shots started, but I kept getting sick that winter and the shots kept having to be put on hold.  I was also given an prescription for Astelin and have used it ever since.

Then I got pregnant.  My allergies disappeared.  Leyton is now two years old and they are slowly coming back.  I can't use Astelin anymore because the inside of my nose is starting to feel like that of a line snorter.  So I have two choices.

A.  Keep having babies

or

B.  Have any allergy test and do shots again.

Annnnnnd, the allergy tests have it!

You have to wait 15 minutes for a reaction...this picture was after only 5 minutes.  Obviously you can see I am VERY allergic to most everything.  The only thing on my clear side is dogs, cats, dander and mold.  It was not a fun test to have done although much more fun on the arm than the back which was way worse in my opinion.

I'll start shots in July.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails