Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Story of tattoo......

Last night I started work on what will be my final tattoo.  My piece de resistance!  I've always known that I wanted to do a sleeve of some sort.  I have always had a fondness for them.  I just didn't know what I'd get.  Tattoos work two ways for me.  Some have a serious important meaning tied behind them.  My leg piece signifies my ability to overcome obstacles, my baby foot to mark Leyton, my horseshoe to mark my wedding.  Others are just images that I have liked, things I found beautiful, things that I just liked.  For me they have never come out of a tattoo shop, never been picked off a wall.  That works for some, but was never my way to get a tattoo.

Along came Pinterest.  Damn that site.  It was full of so many ideas, so many beautiful tattoos, so much inspiration.  I started pinning tattoos I liked, although nothing was ever what I would get on my arm.  Then came an image.  An image I re-pinned from my friend N'Gina.  A piece of artwork called Allusion by Yellena James.  I knew the moment I saw it that it was it.  Like seeing your soul mate on the other side of the room.  It was unique, it was beautiful, it was messy and cluttered, it had flow.  It was just me.  I emailed my tattoo artist the same day and said, "can we make this a tattoo?"  He was ALL FOR IT.



The outline is in place and I will have another appointment at the end of the month to fill in the color.  Alfredo did an amazing job capturing Yellena's piece.  I can't wait to see it healed and can't wait to see the final finished artwork.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo pretty girl! Good job. Can't wait to see the end result.
~Colleen

Gary's third pottery blog said...

woohoo Stacey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails