Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lost and Found

When I decided to participate in a book review for BlogHer I was nervous.  I haven't liked both books I've had to review.  Not only that, this was a book about money.  While I love to spend it, I sure don't like hearing about money.

To say that I couldn't put the book Lost and Found by Geneen Roth is an understatement!  I was enthralled.  Geneen and her husband were part of the Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme.  This was a word I didn't even know.  I had to ask those in the financial world to explain this all to me because honestly, I didn't pay a darn bit of attention to those that lost their money or what Mr. Madoff did in the first place.

The thing was, for me, this book wasn't just about Geneen losing her money.  This book was about how skewed our relationships are with money.  I related on so many levels.  Not paying attention to what I have, spending when I don't have.  The list goes on and on.  I read this book in my iPad and had to figure out how to highlight parts.  Something I haven't done since I've had to during school.  It was like words were coming right out of my mouth.

I absolutely loved Geneen's writing style and she kept me interested the whole way.  I look forward to reading more of her books and encourage you to not only give her book a shot, but think about how you feel about money and if you are only digging yourself a grave.

Disclosure: I was compensated for this BlogHer Book Club review but all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails