Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday.  I am 36 years old.  Let me tell you how I have celebrated so far.

I woke up from a dream this morning in which I got gang raped and my hubby decided to file for a divorce because I had slept with other guys.  Lovely.

I was in such a great mood about it that I realized I better get to the pharmacy and refill my anti-depressant.  Yep, cats out of the bag folks...I'm taking an anti-depressant.  It was so uplifting to stand in a line on my birthday to fill that prescription.  Lovely.

It was early so I decided to head to Kohl's and use up a gift card that I got for my b-day.  I won't even begin to describe to you what happened to me at Kohl's but I will tell you I spent that gift card on new underwear.  Lovely.

At lunch I decided to treat myself to a McFlurry from McDonald's.  I got in the drive through, placed my order and was told, "Sorry, we're all out of ice cream."  Lovely.

I got back to work and decided to try again to place an order on Macys.com for a cute pair of clearance boots since it didn't work earlier....again another gift card.  I've spent the last hour arguing with Macy's that their gift cards only have 18 numbers but mine has 19....even though when I call their gift card balance system it takes all the numbers and tells me what I have available.  I then decided to call into Macy's and the genius I got on the phone there was happy to tell me, "Well I can see you have a balance available, even though our cards really are 18 digits, but your items are not available any longer."

Lovely.

Happy Fucking Birthday to me.


2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh crap.....happy birthday anyhow :)

Amy said...

Holy shit tea just shot out of my nose when I saw that picture. This post made me laugh because everything you just said...anti depressants and all could have come from my mouth. I like you even more now...but really am sorry this shitbomb had to explode on your bday. Completely blows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails