Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Creative FAILURE

This Christmas I was NOT CREATIVE.  I did not make any vows to buy or make as many gifts as I could.  I simply was not motivated enough to do so.  Sadly, it left me feeling pretty lame.  The closer it got to Christmas the sadder I got that I hadn't made a single item.

So, when I was told just before heading to Washington that my nephew only asked for one thing for Christmas I got really excited.  The only thing he wanted, the thing that was on the top of his Christmas list....was a shark hoodie. like I made for Leyton for Halloween.  Thing is, my nephew is 28.

In two days and all by hand with just one small straight line stitch on the most classic sewing machine I have ever seen I created the most epic shark hoodie that I could.
I made some slight modifications from the one I made Leyton to try and make it easier where the fin was concerned.

With all the needles pokes to my fingers I was so happy that I stuck to it and got this made.  The look on his face when he opened the box was classic and the laugh only made it that much better.

That is what Christmas is all about.

1 comment:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Oh I remember the one you made for Leighton - the grown up one is fab too, great picture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails