Thursday, December 01, 2011

The Lake of Dreams Book Review

As a big fan of The Memory Keepers Daughter, I was very excited to get the opportunity to read and write a review for The Lake of Dreams.



Lucy is currently living in Japan with her boyfriend Yoshi, when she decides to go home to help her injured mother.  She has not been home years, leaving shortly after her father's funeral some 10 years prior.  Shortly after returning home she discovers some interesting letters and an old blanket and sets off to find out more details about the item.  In doing so, she rekindles with her previous boy friend Keegan whom she left behind.

While at times I found the book a tad boring and full of unnecessary detail it was an interesting read.  It was interesting to watch Lucy try to trace back through history to discover the true meaning behind the items she discovered and in turn also finding herself....even though it didn't quite end in the way I expected it to!  I'll keep that to myself though as not to spoil anything for anyone.  I would recommend this book to fans of Kim Edwards!

This was a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails