Wednesday, December 07, 2011

The do.

I have a problem.  I am seriously attached to my sons hair.  It's ridiculous but I've heard that the first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one?  When Leyton's hair started to curl up I was so excited.  Plus, those lofty beachy surfer looking waves suited him.  I've gone all this time without cutting it.  In fact, I really thought that it would get cut when he told me he wanted it cut.  Problem is, now it's in his face all the time.  The hair in the front won't curl in this cold weather and it makes me crazy.  At home I just use a bobby pin, but if I take him in public like that he will get called a girl even more than he does now.  So, there is only one solution.  Cut the hair.

We have an appointment on Saturday.  Leyton ABSOLUTELY hates when people mess with his hair so I can only imagine that this experience is going to be worse than when he has to get shots.  I'm hoping they can keep it on the longer side, just trim it up.  I'm hoping that the curl doesn't all get cut off as I've been told sometimes you do cut it and it doesn't curl again.  I'm hoping I make it out of that salon without crying myself.

Ridiculous!  Is there a support group for this kind of thing?

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I am not a mom, but we had the same thing happen with my little sister. She had ringlets, but after a couple hair cuts she lost some of them. GOOD NEWS: the curl came back as she got older, now she has GREAT waves in hair. Maybe your little surfer boy's hair will reappear when he enters high school? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails