Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursday - $20 Challenge

I've decided to on occasion participate in the Bonnie Burrow's $20 challenge!  Basically, you go out thrifting with $20 and see where that takes you.

As I mentioned before, I'm on a bit of a clothes shopping spree at the thrift stores as of late.  I have a more than half empty closet that needs some clothes that fit.  There is one thing that I needed BIG TIME and that was a winter coat.  We'll be heading to Washington for the holidays and I knew I would need something warm and rain proof.  The Thrift Town on West El Camino has had a great selection of coats so I headed over there to see what I could find.



I got lucky!!!  I got a brand new with tags coat by the brand Weatherproof.  It was marked $19.99 but I had a full Thrift Town frequent buyer card which meant I was getting this brand new coat (which retails for $120) for only $9.99!!!!

That meant I had more money to spend so I also scored some pants and a top.


I normally hate khakis.  Likely from years of having to wear them when I worked at Bath and Body Works.  This is probably the first pair I have had in years.  The great part is....they are super long.  The pants are from the Gap and so is the top.  The top is part of their athletic line.

I scored it all for under $20!!!  I encourage you all to try this as well.  Go out with $20 and see what great things you can find!

Sorry for the sideways pictures this week. Sometimes Blogger likes to mess with me.  Oh, and the weight stayed the same this week.  Too many "eating out" moments made it harder to track!

1 comment:

Bonnie Inc. said...

Thanks for linking up this week! Great find!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails