Wednesday, November 02, 2011

I'm a little hungover.....

Last night, after much anticipation and patience...I got an adult night out!  Not only that, but I got an adult night out with the hubby to go and see the Foo Fighters!

I've been a fan of Foo for quite some time.  Heck, I even figured out how to work a Foo song into my wedding procession.  Thing is, while I had the albums I never really gave going to see a show much thought.  Years ago a friend mentioned he was going to see the Foo Fighters do an acoustic show in Oakland so at the last minute I went to that show.  I left the show understanding for the first time why someone would follow a band around to see show after show, night after night.  I also knew that I wanted to see Foo rock it, to get a taste of the real stuff.





I have to say I was NOT disappointed.  I jumped up and down, pumped my fist in the air, oggled over Grohl and screamed my little heart out.  It has been a lonnnnnnng time since I have been to a show like that and I felt like I was 18 all over again.

I crawled into bed at 2am.  I was awoken by Leyton at 4am and then again at 6am.  It was at that moment that I did not feel 18 again.  Well, I felt like a very very hung over 18 again.  Only, I didn't drink.

This is what 35 feels like.

2 comments:

Rain said...

It's good to be a little hung over! It means you had a great time! So jealous that I missed the Foo Fighters :( ah well! Thanks for sharing the video! :)

Duffy said...

Love the Foo Fighters! I have a crush on Dave. Also, great blog. those little kids are the greatest thing in the world, but also a bitch on our sleep! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails