Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Success

It's been another successful week with me and JC.  I'm down another 3.2 pounds which makes a total in 5 weeks of 16.4lbs!  We also took some measurements again to see how my body has changed.  The most significant decrease is in my waist where I have already dropped 6 inches!!!    My bust, abdomen and hips have all dropped between 1-2 inches making me 12.1 inches smaller overall.  Can't beat that!

I thought this week we would talk a little about clothes.  When I started JC I wore a 20-22 in pants, an 18 or XXL top, an 18 in dresses and we won't even talk about how big my bra was because this is a family blog.  I'm still wearing those clothes but everything fits better.  The 20 pants that I didn't fit into I now do.  The 22's are too big.  All my tops are much more lose and my bras are not squeezing the life out of my lungs.

Now, I'm not going to lie, I've done this all before.  I've lost weight, watched as my clothes no longer fit me and did what everyone does....went out and bought new clothes.  Only, then those clothes don't fit and you buy more and more and more.  Then you put weight back on and you buy more and more and more.  You can grow broke playing the yo yo game.  I knew that this time around I wanted to do things differently.  For one, I want to be done yo yo'ing.  I also refuse to buy new when it may not fit me.  As sloppy as my clothes get, I'm going to hold out as long as I can to buy replacements.  When I do buy replacements, I will buy everything at the thrift store.  The only things I will allow myself new are bras and underwear.  I'm not going to allow myself to go out and buy new things and then replace them again if I'm in a smaller size.  It just doesn't make sense.  Plus, I figure if I'm buying thrift it will make for some cute stuff I can show you on Thrifty Adventures!  I'll save the new clothes until I get to my goal weight, and I'm not even sure if I know what that is yet.

Sorry there is no picture, Blogger wants to rotate it to the side and that just makes me crazy!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails