Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Alive!!!!!!

When Kate and Mark were told that Getty had SMA they very quickly after found a place to share their feelings.  At the time that space was Caring Bridge.  When I saw this I was at first very happy that they had an outlet to well....get things out.  Then I started to notice that friends and family were making donations.  Only, these donations were not going to Kate and Mark to help Getty.  These donations were going to Caring Bridge.  That was when my alarms went off.  Look, I don't know much and I'm sure Caring Bridge is helping people and has there place....but that is my optimistic view of them.  What I really think is they are making a ton of money off of the misfortune of others.  I've had a blog for YEARS.....and I have never paid a dime for it.  To me, what Kate and Mark were doing looked just like a blog so I encouraged them to get off Caring Bridge and thus the Getty Owl blog was born.

Today, the blog that could gave birth to an AMAZING website for the Foundation!  It still has the blog component but now has so much more!  It's a place to help newly diagnosed families.  It's a place to spread the word about SMA.  It's a place to announce our upcoming events.

Go, check it out and let us know what you think!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails