Monday, August 01, 2011

It Takes a Village

Some Mondays, it just can't be all about me. Some Mondays there are bigger things than Stacey Ball. Today is just one of those Mondays.

Do you know what today is?

Today is the first day of August.

Do you know how many days there are in August?

There are 31 days.

Do you know what August is?

August is SMA Awareness Month!

Here is what I hope. I hope all of you reading this will make an effort this month to tell people about SMA. Tell people what it stands for. Tell people that it is close to a cure. Tell people where they can donate. Tell people to visit the Getty Owl Foundation.

There are 31 days. There are roughly 2,400 unique visits to my blog each month. If all 2,400 of you made a vow to tell one person...that's 2,4000 people that didn't know about SMA before. If all of you made it your mission to tell someone every day....that's 74,400 people my friends!!

So, why not have a little contest? Entry is simple.

1. Tweet: August is National SMA Awareness Month, who have you told?http://tinyurl.com/3fmajbl

2. Facebook: August is National SMA Awareness Month, who have you told?http://tinyurl.com/3fmajbl

For 5 extra entries, blog about this contest and let people know that it is National SMA Awareness Month.

For even three more bonus entries, share the following video about an event we have going on in Sacramento to help spread awareness. You can share it in a tweet, on your Facebook or on your blog post.



For each entry you need to come back here and leave a comment. That means if you do all items listed above, you need to leave 10 comments!!

What's at stake? A $50 Visa Gift Card and a CD of Lullabies for Getty - Sweet Water Child.

What are you waiting for? Get to telling!! Deadline to enter is August 31st, you have the ENTIRE MONTH!!!

3 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Hi Stacey, I have tweeted (@FHCShopping) although not to win the prize. I read Getty's parents' story with tears in my eyes. I didn't know anything about this illness, but I do now. My heart goes out to them x

Beth Kilburn said...

This little girl, her story and her family have stolen my heart. I want to do whatever I can to help. I'll be walking on August 13th with a friend. In the meantime, I'm telling as many people as I can about SMA. I wear my Getty Owl Foundation blue bracelet as a constant reminder. I'm not interested in the prize, just helping get the word out. The prize is the feeling inside for helping such a great organization accomplish their mission!

amy said...

i wasn't going to enter for the prize--but after i posted the link on fb i learned that the adult sister of a h.s. friend has SMA type two. if i win, i'd like to have the prize sent to her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails