Monday, August 22, 2011

Got Art??

Hello and Happy Monday! As I mentioned in my post last week, our Hoot The Grid SMA Awareness Walk and Art Auction was a HUGE success! Prior to the event we had quite a few people who lived out of area, but wanted to know how they could purchase some art. So, we decided that any art that didn't sell at Hoot the Grid would be sold online auction style!

Starting tomorrow two pieces will be listed online each day, and you will have the ability to bid on them and purchase your own piece. All pieces will start at $10, all pieces are framed and ready to hang, all items were created by children with SMA, all proceeds will go to the Getty Owl Foundation to help fund research into a cure!


I was soo happy to attend the event last Saturday and purchase my own piece of art!
My piece was created by Gavin, a 5 year old boy with SMA Type 1. He created this piece using his feet. His mom helped him change out the colors and would turn the canvas for him. The minute I saw it I knew I had to have it!

What piece will steal your heart? I will post a link each day to the two pieces that have gone live for that day. I hope you all consider bidding on a piece!!

2 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

that is beautiful, I can totally see how and why you fell in love with it.

momma j lee ♥ said...

btw - do you have the link to the online auction? I would love to check it out and bid on some! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails