Sunday, July 03, 2011

Sick Babies

Leyton was very sick all day today. His temp was around 103, and could only be kept at bay with Tylenol or Motrin. It was very difficult to get him to drink and what he did eat ended up on the sofa, floor and rug. I now know that there is nothing harder than seeing your child sick. I felt hopeless, sad and scared...even though I know it's likely just a stomach virus.

Right now Getty is in the hospital. She has been in the hospital for a week now. Kate and Mark have watched her go through MUCH more difficult things than I have seen happen with Leyton. They have watched medical professionals almost kill their child. They have been told that they are not allowed to give her any treatment while in the hospital. They have been running on fumes and doing everything they can to ensure that their daughter comes home. They are dealing with things on a level that I will never, nor should any parent EVER have to deal with.

While I am sad for my son and want him to get better and seeing him sick tugs at my heart strings like no other, I find inspiration in Kate and Mark. They are truly the strongest people that I know and I only wish that if put to the challenge I could step up like they have.

So, here is well wishes to all the sick babies out there!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails