Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Today is your second Father's Day and I can only imagine it feels different than the first when we were just very scared, very tired new parents trying to figure out what the hell we were doing. While still tired and still trying to figure out what we are doing, I think for both of us the fear is gone. Here is what I know. You are already an amazing daddy to our little boy. I have heard so many say how much the daddy steps up to the plate as the baby gets older. I don't feel that with you as you have been rounding each and every base with me. You know when I'm at my wits end and you take over. You are never fearful or nervous to be with the little munchkin....and if you are then you hide it very well. You were meant to be a father and learned from a pretty good one yourself.
Here is what I also know. Our son ADORES you! He squeals with delight when you come into a room. He smiles at you like no one else. He dances with you when you dance. He grows closer to you with each passing day and I don't think I will ever be able to call him a "Mama's Boy."

Thank you for being my best friend, thank you for being the best husband I could have ever asked for and thank you for being an amazing father to our wonderful child. I couldn't do it all without you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails