Thursday, May 19, 2011

One little monkey jumping on the bed.....

Can you guess where this is going? Tonight I was cleaning house and at the same time playing with Leyton on the bed. He crawled to the other side and sat down, a decent way from the edge but making me nervous none the less. Then I made the mistake, I said the words "Get over here" as I went for him. Of course, those words make him run and in a quick moment he threw himself backwards....and right off the bed. He hit on his right shoulder and head, on the hard wood floor. Tears ensued and nothing would comfort him. I gave him to his daddy so I could put clothes on, preparing myself for our SECOND trip to the E/R and likely a mark on my file for CPS to have a look at.

When I came back out there he was with daddy as happy as could be. He's showing no signs of being injured so for now we are going to call it a close call and I will NEVER be putting him on our bed like that again.

On a funnier note, I just so happened to also take this video today. I came home early after only getting 2.5 hours of sleep last night due to coughing. This doesn't mean a ton of rest though with a kiddo at home. I was lounging on the bean bag in the "play room" and Leyton was behind me reaching over the dogs food bin so he could tug at the vacuum. All of a sudden it got really quiet. Too quiet. I turned around and there he sat, ON TOP OF THE FOOD BIN. That little punk has learned to climb. Not only that but he knew he shouldn't be up there so he sat as quiet and still as possible. I got a video of him doing it again and then moved the food bin out to the garage. Pretty soon I have a feeling the only way to make this place safe is to remove EVERYTHING from the house.

2 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

oh dear... so glad the little guy is ok! a fall like that can stop your heart! i know cuz i watched and didn't reach him in time as nate fell out of his crib which made my heart leap out of my chest!!

once they start climbing, running, crawling ... it's pretty much game over. bumps and bruises are all apart of the game. poor kids! poor mom!

Sree said...

very cute pics:)
http://livelifewithluv.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails