Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fits of Cough


I've been a bit absent on the blog as of late. Problem....I've been sick, overwhelmed and just needed a break! I got sick on Easter and that damn cold just would not go away. It teased me for a moment, thankfully around Leyton's birthday, but then came back with a vengeance shortly thereafter. I was spent. I was getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night because of coughing fits. That sleep was mostly done uncomfortably on a couch so I did not wake up the rest of the house. An almost month of coughing and I felt like I had tried EVERYTHING. I did prednisone, an inhaler, every cough remedy over the counter product known to man, a series of antibiotics and on and on and on. Nothing was working, nothing could be found that was wrong.

Saturday morning I woke up so frustrated I could hardly think straight. Nothing I had been taking was working and I just didn't know what else to do. For some reason though I decided to try something different. I decided to use my allergy nasal spray. I haven't been using this at all because since I was pregnant with Leyton I really hadn't had too many allergies.

Guess what people.....PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!! Rounds of doctor's trips, emails, medications and sleeplessness and the whole time it was allergies?! I could kick myself for not trying that earlier but I'm thankful that it finally seems to be over.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails