Friday, May 27, 2011

Don't mess with Mama Bear!


Let me just lay a couple things out for you.

1. I generally think I am a nice person. It takes A LOT to get me fired up. Most of the time when I do get fired up, I'm fairly low key about it. There are times though. Times in which I am so fired up I want to scream.

2. As a mom, when you are at home with your kids, there is not a lot of "you" time. Something as simple as a shower can be a complete luxury. A luxury that normally occurs during sleep time. This might be a nap, this might be when your kiddo goes to bed. Either way, sometimes a shower is a complete escape.

3. Throw into the mix a dog, a dog that barks and protects the house when someone comes to the door. This is not an ideal situation when a baby is around, but we love the dog and he is just doing what he feels he must do. It makes me crazy at times, but it's something I have lived with. For the most part I know when someone is coming over and I know what measure need to be taken.

Then enters, the solicitor. Today, the solicitor woke the mama bear. Leyton was down for his first nap of the day, a nap that is typically two hours. It is the nap where I can get stuff done. I loaded the dishwasher, checked in on work, shuffled around laundry and finally decided on a shower. A shower in which I would FINALLY shave my legs so as to look less like an actual mama bear. Leyton had only been down about 40 minutes so I knew I had plenty of time. I washed my hair, scrubbed my body and was just finishing up with my first leg when I heard it.....the dog. The bark was a wild one too so I knew that it could only mean one thing...someone was at the door. Then I heard Leyton, screaming his head off. I cannot tell you the rage that filled me at that moment. So, what did I do?

Well, I stepped out of the shower....dripping wet, shaving cream running down my leg, threw a towel around myself, threw open the front door and yelled directly at the two suited up men who were ringing the bell for a third time "I AM IN THE SHOWER, YOU HAVE WOKEN MY BABY, GET THE HELL OFF MY PORCH!"

I think I handled it well....I mean at least I grabbed a towel right?!

6 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Hahahaha! Bet you didn't see them for dust! Were you still clutching the razor?

momma j lee ♥ said...

OMG .... I half cried and laughed reading this post as I know EXACTLY how you feel! I hope you managed to get that much deserved "mama bear" time after the dust settled.

Melissa B. said...

I am SOOOO with you on this!
In fact, I have a HUGE sign, that I will email to you, you can use it too if you would like.
It has worked pretty good for me, so far.

Carol Browne said...

I think you scared those JoHo's away for good! (Jo-Ho is short for Jehovah's Witnesses.) I HATE that. So intrusive.

I love your reaction! Totally perfect! I thought the truth sets you free. :-)

JaymiPop said...

Haha! I completely understand! I hate Wednesdays when the lawn people come...dog barks the WHOLE time they are here and it drives me nuts.

Duffy said...

What if they were there to present you with a check for a million dollars?? ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails