Friday, April 01, 2011

This is no joke!

I know today is April 1st. I know today is meant for tom foolery and tricks. I've decided to be a non-conformist today and tell you about something that is SUPER important and SUPER exciting! Next Tuesday, on April 5th, the "Sweet Water Child - Lullabies for Getty" album will release and be available for purchase.Now, I have quite a few new followers as of late so there may be some of you scratching your heads and unsure of what I am talking about. This story is important enough to tell again.

My girlfriend's daughter Getty was diagnosed at 4 months of age with SMA1, Spinal Muscular Atrophy. This means, in short, that her muscles are growing weaker. Typically babies with SMA1 develop feeding and breathing problems as the weakness gets worse over time. The weakness eventually becomes severe.

Right now SMA1 is the #1 genetic killer of babies. There is no cure, there is no stopping it. Most babies diagnosed with SMA1 don't live longer than 2-3 years.

What we do have is hope. Hope for a cure. Hope for making things easier for families that are newly diagnosed to manage the complicated heath care system. Thus, the Getty Owl Foundation was born.

Through a random chain of events with Morgan from the818.com I was put in touch with some of my favorite artists Angela and Alex Dezen of The Damnwells. They felt so passionately about helping Getty and raising awareness that they wrote an album of lullabies dedicated to Getty. Not only that, but proceeds of this album are going to the Getty Owl Foundation.

This is where you come in. My assumption is that 75% of you are bloggers yourself. I'm also going to go ahead and assume that the other 25% of you probably have a Twitter or a Facebook account. So, I will make it simple.....WE NEED YOUR HELP! On April 5th my goal is to create a virtual virus of people posting about, writing about and tweeting about this album. If you don't have a blog, Facebook or Twitter....maybe tell your friends and family about it. I know as a blogger myself, a small town - small beans blogger, that sometimes your posts are very selected. So, maybe just a couple tweets that day or a Facebook post? To make things easy there is a widget available for you to post on your blog that day. Seriously, any help you can give us on April 5th to help spread the word is greatly appreciated.

You can find the widget, information about the album, links to the Facebook page, Twitter page and even have the ability to listen to the album on the website www.lullabiesforgetty.com. Please check it out, have a listen and come to me if you have any questions! You can email me directly at staceyball@gmail.com. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this hefty post, I hope you take it to heart and join our cause!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails