Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thrity Adventures!

This week we are here to talk about The Loot! Sometimes when thrifting you have outings where you feel like you have hit the mother lode. This week I took a trip to the Goodwill Outlet. This can be a scary place. It's dirty, it's intense and you have to be prepared to dig. A new one opened in a better neighborhood so I packed up my yellow gloves and started digging.

Here is my loot!At the Goodwill Outlet you pay by the pound. I got all of this stuff for $18. Let's have a closer look shall we?We have a hilarious clown pillow, not sure what I'm doing with this yet but it's starting to grow on me. We have an old wooden recipe box that hangs on the wall. This is most definitely going to show up in a future Thrifty Adventures as I have big plans for this and part of those plans includes giving it to one of you. We have a Melissa and Doug tool box set...only missing TWO PIECES! We have a wooden Christmas candelabra. We have a wood shape and sort cube with ALL OF THE SHAPES! We have a tambourine, two wooden cars, a ceramic squirrel and nut jar and more various kids tools for Leyton.Next we have a wooden puzzle with ALL OF THE PIECES! This had quite a few stickers and crayon markings but after a washing it is perfectly clean. We have a bag of vintage Christmas present tags, a wooden dinosaur, a fish book for the hubby , two silk scarves, a square of vintage fabric and a peg set for Leyton to hammer later.

I was very excited about all of the wooden toys that I found for Leyton. Not only did most have all the pieces, but wooden toys are not cheap new. I would have paid as much for that one Melissa and Doug set as I paid for everything. Also, if you have ever been to a Goodwill Outlet you will know that finding all the pieces to something is crazy...it just isn't meant to happen. Nothing is organized and you are literally just digging through bins.

Here's a couple things up close that I especially liked.This bag of vintage Christmas present tags was an awesome find. There was an old chest that was in three pieces and these were all loose in the bottom of one piece. There are probably over 100 tags with various designs. I'm feeling a vintage theme coming on next year for wrapping!I also loved this candelabra. One of the men was broken off, and his head was broken off his body and his book was broken. Lucky for me...all the broken parts were still inside the broken box it sat in! Another lucky score and now that it's glued together you can't even tell!Finally we have this great piece of vintage Sesame Street fabric. It's not normal fabric though, it's heavy duty and I'm assuming meant to keep pee away from whatever it goes on. I'm not even sure what fabric like this would be called! All I know is I love it and I will find a use for it.

Overall I'm going to have to say that this is the best score that I've ever gotten at a thrift outing for the price that I paid. I got 25 items for $18. Not too shabby in my opinion!

What did you find this week? Be sure to link up and check out Katie Jean to see what she scored!

3 comments:

katie jean said...

love the squirrel sitting on the nut!

Debbie said...

First of all where is the new goodwill outlet? I've been to the older one, and found a perfectly good gliding rocking chair that we got for like $5 and recovered it- amazing! You should did score!

Do you know about the annual neighborhood folsom garage sale in April? I usually find some awesome stuff.

Lyssa said...

I"m so intrigued by this outlet. I would probably never go with 3 kids but that would be a fun adventure! Plus, by the looks of it, you find awesome stuff!
Thanks for linking up to Thrifty THursdays!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails