Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thrifty Adventures!

I know you are probably tired of me and my books, but man...I have an addiction and the only remedy is MORE VINTAGE KIDS BOOKS! I just love the way they look and the illustrations inside. I got a bunch of them at the Goodwill Outlet for 50 cents each and here is just a small sampling:
My three favorites are "The Story of Babar," "And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street", and "Pierre". The illustrations are so great and for 50 cents they were all in pretty good condition. My favorite illustrations though are in the "One Monster After Another" book. This book is a mess, but the drawings are great and I think they would be fun in Leyton's room. I haven't quite decided what to do with it yet, but here is a sampling of one image.So, that's what I have for you this week....more vintage kids books added to my collection. Maybe next week I'll find a book shelf!! What did you find this week on your Thrifty Adventures? Do you have anything you absolutely have to buy each time you make a thrifty trip? Be sure to check out Katie Jean to see where her adventures took her this week, and stay tuned because in a couple weeks we will be going on a thrifty day outing together...which could mean a whole lot of trouble!

4 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

He's brilliant. Part octopus, part lobster, part stern headmaster. And is that a toothbrush he's holding?

"get in that bathroom and brush your teeth now or you know who'll be doing it for you!" Excellent scare fodder for Leyton's later years... ;-)

Did you see my giveaway?

Michelle said...

I love vintage children's books. I have a big collection of the vintage Hallmark children's books. I love them. I also love any of the rhyming and poem books too. Great finds! Thanks for sharing!

katie jean said...

I have that same Pierre book! Also thrifted :)

Lyssa said...

I love old books too! You got some great ones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails