Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thrifty Adventures!

Since I have started doing Thrifty Adventures with Katie Jean I have had a blast! I've found so much cool stuff thrifting and also have been so excited to see what all of you have found. Last week we had THREE LINKIES in our party! I know to some that might not seem like much but to me...it was awesome. What's also interesting is just seeing the differences in what people look for. Katie Jean always finds classically beautiful things, like Grimace last week or her gorgeous lamp this week. I on the other hand feel like the quirky finder, the finder of the ridiculous. Most of the time if it makes me laugh and is cheap, I have to have it. If it fits with something I am already collecting...even better! This week my thrifting took me back to Goodwill on Arden Way where I found this wonderful piece of vinyl.I mean seriously, that cover art? It's to die for, quite literally for the horse. It's both hilarious and morbid. What makes it even more morbid and twisted is it's a children's album for gosh sakes. I haven't even had a chance to listen to it yet, but I have a feeling this one is going to go in a record frame and be hung on the wall in Leyton's bedroom.

What sort of things do you have to buy? Do you tend to steer more to the classic, the vintage or just the plane old silly? Where did your Thrifty Adventures take you this week...linky up!

1 comment:

Linda said...

OMG...Ellen has a segment on her show where people send in strange album covers. She would love this one. but so do you. Scary I know most of those songs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails