Monday, March 07, 2011

SUCKY!


1.5lbs gained, how sucky! Telling you all how much I weighed was embarrassing enough in the first place. Telling you that I've gained the last TWO WEEKS is monumentally humiliating. You know what though, I only have myself to blame for that. I spent another week just having whatever I wanted and not paying attention. I did work out, but that's not going to answer all the problems, eating right has to enter the equation. I can't look at a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies and think that it must be just one serving right?!

So, here are some things that I'm not doing that I need to start doing. I'm not tracking my food at all. I might watch what I eat, but if I only watch it going into my mouth then it's not going to work. I need to write it down. Even if I eat an entire Buffalo...I need to write it down! I also need to start taking a lunch to work. Not only will this save me money but it will save my waist line for sure.

Here are some other things that I will be doing this week. My girlfriend Wendy asked if I would do the Couch to 5K with her. I seriously have never thought of running. My motto was "Don't run unless being chased by something." With a bum knee it just didn't seem like an option. You know what, instead of using all of those excuses I told Wendy, let's do it. I at least had to try it before I threw in the towel so soon. We will run three days a week. I've also decided to join Kayla at Bikram yoga one day a week. I will probably sweat myself into a puddle and turn as red as a cherry tomato, but it will be good for me. I also got myself a Fitbit. I heard about the Fitbit and thought it would be interesting to use. Being a new mom, I'm curious to see how much I am sleeping at night as well as how much activity I'm getting chasing the little one around. I'm going to take it a step further though and get the premium membership so I can track all my info, including my food and have access to some training info. My Fitbit should arrive any day now and I can't wait to put it to the test!

Those are my goals for this week. There are a ton of them, but let's be honest....I'm not getting anywhere doing what I'm doing right now. So, it's time to step it up a notch or two. See you again next week!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hang in there, stacey! You can do it!

katie jean said...

My very good friend teaches Bikram yoga in Lincoln! And I feel the same way. I worry about passing out in her class. But if you are doing it, then I think I can do it too! Thanks Stacey for posting all of this personal stuff about weight. You are motivating others and definately inspiring me :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails