Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Go Green

I try to make as many efforts as I can to go green. It doesn't always work but I feel as long as I make some simple changes then I am doing OK. One is to use shopping bags instead of paper or plastic. I do good and bad with this...it's all about having them in the car.

Recently, after seeing some cute cloth napkins, I recruited Kayla to make me my own set. I went to Joanne's and found some fabric and Kayla put her serger to work, making me the most adorable napkins. The hubby and I used them last night and LOVED them. It's so much nicer than paper really.

Now you might be wondering who Kayla is. I have mentioned her a time or two on this site and I'm not sure I ever properly introduced her. Kayla is my Mary Poppins. No she doesn't clean my house or anything like that. She is the magical wonderful woman that takes care of my little dude. I like to think of her as Mary Poppins because she is just so perfect it feels too good to be true and I keep expecting her to fly away on her little umbrella.

Finding someone to take care of your baby is hard. I never in a million years thought I would have a desire to be a stay at home mom. I have been working since I was 14, 10 if you start counting babysitting) and to be honest, I thought only those with money got to be stay at home moms. Then I had the dude. The drive to be with him all the time was incredible and the thought of going back to work terrible. I had to do it though. The first place Leyton went did not work out and I'll just leave it at that. What I can say is that if you feel the place you have your child is not a good fit....GO WITH YOUR GUT! As a first time mom I spent far too long wondering if I was just being overprotective. I wasn't and he was there too long. Thankfully, I then found Kayla. She was a stay at home crafty mommy with an adorable daughter named Nina. It seemed like a good fit, but I started out gradually just to be sure. Now I know that I couldn't ask for more. Leyton loves it there and Kayla treats him like one of her own. Kayla is also uber crafty, sewing, crocheting and knitting amazing stuff. You can find details in her shop on Etsy Chuka.

So, I know I totally went on a tangent there, but I am happy to be going green and thankful for the wonderfullness that is Kayla. Now, go forth and support her by shopping from her Etsy shop...get yourself some cloth napkins!

Thank you Kayla for my napkins and thank you for being so great!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Awwww! This totally made my day, Stacey! But really, Leyton makes it so easy being the awesome and adorable babe that he is! AND he has an awesome mama to boot! I think it was just meant to be. <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails