Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thrifty Adventures!

This weeks adventures takes us a different direction than previous weeks. This week I'm featuring something I got at Denio's in Roseville. The flea market/auction is a whole new beast because instead of the prices being set in stone, you can negotiate. It's not something I do great, but I at the very least make sure to offer a little less than what they are asking. Unless they are offering a great price! I also am smart about my purchases and walk away from items when I know I don't want to go any higher. This sometimes means actually getting the item so it is a win win!
My first find was this old soda box that I turned into a little cubbie for my jewelry/make up area. This was $10 and a bit more than I wanted to spend, but there were 6 adorable soda bottles inside in which my friend Will bought two of so it made it the perfect price!

Next up are these metal alphabet and number stamps. I REALLY wanted these! I have a project in mind and had been looking into buying a new set. This set is in such great shape and caught my eye immediately. So, I asked how much for the alphabet and she said $25. I started to walk away and she called back and we negotiated to $25 for the alphabet and the numbers. Not only that, but my friend Kate and I went 50/50 on them! I can't wait to show you the project I make down the road which will include more finds from the thrift store.

Where did your Thrifty Adventures take you this week? Be sure to check out Katie Jean to see what she found! Also, the winner of last weeks contest is Lakota from Faith Hope and Charity Shopping, who by the way finds some AMAZING stuff! Email me at staceyball@gmail.com with your contact info and I'll get your prize to you!

3 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

How exciting! Thank you so much. And also, check out my latest thrift finds for more jelly based adventures (you obviously inspired me!)

Cool soda crate and those alphabet stamps look nice xx

Morgan Saunders said...

Oh my word GREAT FIND on the letters and alphabet!

Morgan Saunders said...

I mean the alphabet and numbers...woops ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails