Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thrifty Adventures

I had a request last week to talk about the salt and pepper shakers so I thought I would do just that. In fact, the salt and pepper shakes are THE collection. It's what I have the most of, it is what keeps growing and really I absolutely love it. Funny thing is, recently I've been thinking of selling it all. What it came down to was they were all SOOO dirty and I couldn't figure out how to clean them. After talking about dusty collections last week I decided it was time to clean them. I took them all off the shelves, took out their corks and put them in the dishwasher. Some didn't make it so the collection got weeded down a bit, but oh heavens do they look lovely again! Here is a picture of all the shelves together.I started this collection YEARS ago. Many are gifts, some are from stores, but a lot of them are from thrift stores, garage sales or antique stores. I only buy if they are cheap, and only have one pair that I spent far too much for. Here is a close up of the top three shelves. Here is a close up of the bottom three shelves. Then we have the pair I spent too much for, which also happens to be my favorite pair. Yes, the boobs are my favorite set! I put this one out at most dinner parties and it starts the best conversations. I got this set on Ebay in a ridiculous bidding war and I don't even think I remember what I paid for it but it was probably close to $20 which was way to much!

My favorite thrift store/antique store find is this set that I found in Florida on a trip to see my Mom. It was perfect and captured a great memory about the trip! It's been a while since I have added to the set, simply because they were dirty and packed on the shelves. Now that it's clean, I think I might start looking for them again! Do you have a collection that you are thinking of getting rid of because it's neglected or did you find something great this week? Link up! Don't forget to check out Katie Jean's site to see what she got thrifty with this week!

5 comments:

katie jean said...

Ok, those shakers would be a great conversation piece. Might have to put them away when your boy gets bigger though! Those are some big nipples.....

I do love your collection :) It's fun to see what other people are drawn to collect.

Debbie said...

OMG you have the lego head S&P???? If you ever decide to part with them, keep me in mind :-) My collection is slowly growing too.

Alyssa said...

What a fun collection! I've always loved that some S&P shakers seem to be so creative.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Does boob lady have a head? Please say she does or I'm a bit freaked out!
Amazing collection, I have the hugging people in black and white

Disaster Cat said...

nice, the snails are cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails