Thursday, February 03, 2011

Thrifty Adventures!

This week we are going to talk a little bit about collections! I have a couple items that I collect. Sometimes a collection starts with a thrift store trip...I see something I like and then I look for MORE of that item. I currently collect vintage Fisher Price toys, figural salt and pepper shakers and glassware. The thing with me and collecting is it has to be useful. If it's just going to sit on a shelf and collect dust then I have no interest.

Glassware started with my hubby. When we joined households he had some funky mismatched glasses. Of course through the years our glassware has taken an upgrade but I grew to appreciate the cabinet of mismatched and we continued to have one. The nice thing is, people can use them and if something breaks, well it was probably less than $1 to begin with. What I look for are glasses under $1 with beverage advertising. This is the collection that we have so far:
I can't tell you how many times the Coors glass has broken and been replaced! The good thing about this collection is they aren't that hard to find. This week I found a new glass at Deseret Industries for 49 cents!TAB - I love the shape and the color of the logo!

Do you have any collections? What did you find on your Thrifty Adventures this week? Be sure to check out Katie Jean and see where her adventures took her!

2 comments:

katie jean said...

The Tab glass is great!! And is the Pepsi one in another language? I'm glad that you shared this little collection of yours too. Now I know what to get you for Christmas!

Kaytea said...

I have been thinking about making a post about my salt & pepper shakers. I'd love to see all of yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails