Friday, February 25, 2011

Not phased!

Babies are amazing. I know I put a ton of downer vibes on you yesterday so I wanted to be sure that you all knew that we are doing great. I'm feeling better and know that it was just an accident. I will always worry and wonder. I look at that little cast at times and have pangs of guilt. The thing that helps is this....Leyton does not care. He has a leg full of 1lb of cast and he is trucking around this house as if nothing happened. He occasionally sits up and touches it, but then just almost shrugs his shoulders and continues about his business. He laughs, he's not upset at all or showing any signs of being in pain. He sat through getting this cast on and was told that no baby has ever sat so still. He kind looks like a little bad ass with his cast, but I still will hope with all my heart and soul that this one is the only one he will ever have.

He's a trouper, he's my little dude.

3 comments:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

So glad you're both doing better. Leyton is adorable - 9 months is a super cute age x

Jennifer B. said...

He is so cute! Glad you are both feeling better:)

Scratch the hostile fay said...

When the Megs was a lil one, just getting her feet under her, we lived in Tennessee. I remember it was Valentine's day, and her daddy was at work.... she was toddling around, through the kitchen and into the dining room. I head a THWACK and peek into the kithcn and she's lying on her back, looking at the ceiling. She isn't crying at all, and doesn't seem to act like anything is wrong. I assume (there's that word) she's all right, and since it's close to dinner time any anyhow, I sit her in her high chair with some crayons and paper to make a valentine for her daddy. I pat her on the head. Which comes off with a lil bit of blood on it.

Yeah, I freaked, too.


Several hours and an ER visit later, her father and I brought her home with little staples in the crown of her head. It appears your scalp has lots of little blood vells just under the surface, and any little bump in just the right place, and you have a little cut that just keeps on bleeding. So nowadays we joke, "If you aren't careful, we'll take you back to the doctor for more staples for your head... "(ka-CHUNK ka-CHUNK, we make "staple" noises at her head)

My point is, they're GOING to get hurt one way or another. It was not your fault, at least it was the ankle, and not his head.

KaCHUNK.

Aye,
Scratch

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails