Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thrifty Adventures

I knew this week for Thrifty Adventures that I wanted to give something a makeover. The trick was finding that something. When I go to thrift stores I commonly will find something that I like but will be to hesitant to buy it. So I'll play a little game with myself and leave it there. If when I'm done looking through the store I go back and it's still there I'll snatch it up. There are many times that the item is gone, there are others where I get back to the item and STILL don't buy it only to go home later and wish I had.

I made a trip to Thrift Town on Stockton Blvd this week and there was an item that has been there for over a month. The first time I saw this chef I couldn't figure out if I liked it or if it was the ugliest thing I'd ever seen. Could the fact that it had been over a month and it was still there be telling me something? I decided to throw caution to the wind and buy the $3 item so I could give it a make over.

There is a trend right now with finding items and giving them a coat of spray paint. It's simple, cheap and can completely transform something. Tom and Jaymi of JaymiPop do it best with their love of pink spray paint. I wanted to give it a try myself, only I went with bright yellow.

Here is the finished product... I think it came out fun and funky! What do you think? I thought I'd make this even funner and give this guy away! If you like him and want him in your kitchen leave a comment on this blog or Facebook and I'll draw a winner on Monday. I'll even include a couple spatulas!

Where did your thrifty adventures take you this week? Be sure to check Katie Jean to find out what adventures she had this week!

7 comments:

Melissa B. said...

He looks like a Mario Brother to me! :0)

Wendy G said...

I think I love this.

katie jean said...

That is soo funny Stacey! I do the same thing. Walk away, leave, comeback later it's still there. Often that special item has haunted me and I do buy it and love it!

Kaytea said...

I love him! So cute, and he definitely looks way better yellow than before.

duree26 said...

He is to cute for words...would look great in my kitchen.

duree26@gmail.com

Linnie or LuLu said...

Yeldo good cooker...is what his name should be... I think he came out great! or at least better than the Mario Bro.Chef.

Isaac said...

Im am actually a Chef and i think he's awesome! Very little resemblance to me..... But great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails