Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lab Rat


I took my little lab rat in for another study at the UC Davis Infant Cognition Lab. We pretty much get invites every two months and I feel it is worth it to help them out and get a certificate and toy in exchange.

The studies have been pretty much the same each time. Leyton watches a tv screen and they observe how he notices changes. On this trip they put a headband on him with a sensor that detected where his eye was focusing. They showed the results and I found it so interesting. If there was one item on the screen he would always focus on that item, even if it flashed and moved around the screen. On the other hand, if there were multiple items on the screen he would only focus on the item in the bottom right corner. I think that's fascinating!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails