Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dreams do come true!

Seriously people, do you have any idea how amazing last night was?! Oh my goodness. We got to LA so we could attend the A Night of Hope benefit for SMA and checked into our hotel at The Figueroa. This place was fantastic! We quickly did a wardrobe change and hoofed it to the J Lounge where the event was taking place. Right away I spotted Angela and Alex of The Damnwells and Morgan of The818. I held my composure, said my hellos and then quickly went full dork and gave everyone a big hug! I probably could have kissed them all so at least I kept some of my emotion in, until I later gushed about Ryan Reynolds and wood chopping but that is another story for another day.

When this all started falling into place I knew that it was going to be an amazing adventure. Then I met Angela and Alex who are just about the most adorable couple I have ever met. Nice, charming and super funny. Throw their talent in there and you want nothing more than to just hang out and talk.

When they went up to perform I scrambled to try and get my little video recorder set up and waited until the next song. I started recording and suddenly Angela walked away and left Alex there with just his guitar. In my heart I was hoping that by some miracle he would sing "I Will Keep the Bad Things From You." Well my friends, he did. He sang it for Kate, Getty and I. I stood off to the side lines balling my eyes out. I told you I would need waterproof mascara.

The performance was amazing, the night was amazing. To have a musician that you admire and a song that you are absolutely in love with dedicated to you? It just doesn't get any better than that. It is one of my top three moments of all time, trumped only by marrying the hubby and having Leyton.

The album "Sweet Water Child - Lullabies for Getty" will be coming out soon and you know that I will be giving you all a heads up as soon as that is about to happen. I also hope that we spread the word of this album like wildfire and take over the only blogging and twitter world with the buzz.

Thank you so much Alex, Angela and Morgan. I am a better person having spent last evening with you. You made this little girls dream come true.

1 comment:

The818 said...

It was so lovely getting to spend the evening with you guys too. I felt like we'd all known each other for years, and now we will. <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails