Monday, January 31, 2011

Another 3 bit the dust.......


Yep, 3.3 more down! I can't tell you how good that feels. I think it feels good because I'm not killing myself right now. Typically when I start to diet I go full bore and that has obviously gotten me no where but fatter. So, to ease into things feel nice and so far I am still seeing the rewards!

Let's talk about rewards. I'm someone that typically gets what I want. I don't mean that in a spoiled brat kind of way, I just mean that when I'm out if I find something cute that I like I get it. If I decide that my toes don't look pretty enough I go and have them painted, if my hair is showing roots....well you can tell how this story is going. Basically to sum things up, I'm fat in my spending and I'm fat in my eating. I've decided that it's time to pair these two pieces together and not just let my self throw out the money whenever I feel like it.

Instead I will give myself rewards. When I lose 10lbs, I will get a pedicure. When I lose 20lbs, I will get a massage. When I lose 50lbs, I can get some new clothes and so on and so on. That means, that from this point on....no spending on me until some goals are reached. I haven't set all the goals yet, only the first 50lbs. The one thing I will continue to do is my hair. I know now that after not having it done for a LONG time it makes me feel good and I don't want to give that up.

Thank you for all the support you have given me so far. I have been blown away by the comments I have received and am sorry that I have not addressed each one separately! It is so nice to know that while I put myself all out there, you all have given me the warm virtual hug I needed to know that it's all O.K.

1 comment:

janescomplaint said...

I just started reading your blog and wanted to say hello and thank you for writing.

Also, the little pillows are fabulous!

- Jane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails