Monday, January 24, 2011

3 down 90+ to go!

When I decided to rework how I was living my life I knew that I was not going to make the changes overnight. I've done that before. Full steam and tons of motivation leaving every bad habit in the dust as I trailed ahead. Somehow on those trails I would always get lost. So, this week was about figuring stuff out and getting "warmed up." I set up my Wii, I checked out some of the new Wii Fit Plus options so I could create a good workout. I got a new stroller for Leyton. I joined Weight Watchers and spent time figuring out how their new Points Plus works. I didn't count calories, I didn't track points, I didn't worry. What I did do was try to be more aware. I spent the week trying to make smarter choices. I tried to drink more water. I basically tried getting my toes wet. In that process I lost 3lbs....not too shabby. Most importantly, I feel good about it. I'm not worried about how long it's going to take me, I'm not over thinking things or punishing myself....I'm just going with the flow.

My goal this next week is to start tracking my WW points. I downloaded the application for my iPod and that will make it easy to take the program with me. If I can get a couple work outs in as well that would be good. If I only get my normal walks in, well that is ok too. So, I'll check back in with you next Monday and let you know how the next week goes. I also want to spend a little time talking about motivation and rewards. See you next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, exactly what I did the first week, just wanted to be aware, lots to learn and I was just focused to do my best, didn't over think it, my 1st goal is to lose 5% NOT 10%, no stress, awareness and better choices at this time and I was pleased with my 1st wk loss, you have a kindred spirit. . . . . .Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails