Monday, September 20, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 29

In The Past Month What Have You Learned

I think I've learned a couple things this past month. First, I think I have learned that parenting and having a baby does get easier and it's completely ok to say it sucked at first. You have 9 months to prepare for this wonderful being to enter your life and when you see said being for the first time the capacity that you thought you had to love something completely changes. At the same time...the baby really seems like a being. A creature from another world of which you have no idea how to handle. Now, I get it. I know how to soothe, I know typically what he wants and I love every moment of it.

Secondly, I think I have learned that for me there is no greater pleasure in my personal life than helping people. Doing this event and helping the Storm family has been so fulfilling. I also know that deep in my soul I was meant to plan events and when I do so I am filled with such fullness. I have to figure out a way to do this more.

Finally I have learned that there are truly some amazing and generous people out there. It makes me feel a little better about the world and easier to take the people that are just bitter and selfish. If people would just relax and get chips off their shoulder the world would be a better place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails