Friday, September 03, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 12

How You Found Out About Blogger And Why You Made One

One day, sometime in 2006 my girlfriend RP asked me if I had looked at a particular blog. I think I sat there like a deer in the headlights and thought to myself, what the hell is a blog? She explained it was an online journal of sorts. I thought it was a bit odd, but also interested and immediately started reading LJC FYI. I was hooked. I thought Jenny was amazing, creative, adorable and I loved checking into her blog daily to see what she had going on. I've always liked to write myself and though about starting one up as well. I tried a couple times and failed. I'd do one entry and never do another. Finally, on September 17th 2006 I started again. I wrote about corn. I somehow filled the rest of the month with a bunch of other ridiculous posts. I have family all over the United States and thought it was a great way to keep them posted on what was going on. Now, almost FOUR YEARS later...it's still going!

There have been many times I've wanted to throw in the mouse. When I hurt my knee I figured that was the end of Pillsplace. I was going to be on the couch for a very long time, what the heck would I tell people about? I actually think it was that time that I got better at what I was doing. I had to be creative and to be honest...the blog was my doorway to the outside world. I couldn't drive and rarely got to leave the couch and my blog and the other blogs I found kept me sane.

It's hard to blog and I know sometimes I write about ridiculous things. I'll never be Dooce or The Pioneer Woman. I'm just Pill and I appreciate you taking the time to read. I think a big celebration is in order on the 17th! Oh, and guess what? I'm not going to put a picture on this post....so there!

1 comment:

Duffy said...

I'm not sure when I started reading your blog, but I don't think it was long after you started and I know that I had gone back and read from the beginning, so I am proud to say that I have been following your blog, every post for nearly 4 years! =) Never stop! Have you made your blog into a book yet??? (I did tell you about blog2print, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails