Wednesday, September 01, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 10

Songs You Listen To When You Are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

Oh man this is a tough one. I love music and it's always so hard to narrow down lists. I'll give it my best go though. The simplest way for me to do this is give you someone that I can listen to in all these moods.
Ahh Ray, I have such a crush on you and your shaggy beard...please don't tell the hubby.

When I'm happy I like to listen to the song "Hey Me, hey Mama." It's upbeat, fun and makes me want to dance in a barn.

When I'm sad, I like to listen to a couple songs: "Burn" or "Roses and Cigarettes" are just a few. They are slow and the beautiful lyrics just pierce through my already sad heart. Hearing the line "Try to ignore all this blood on the floor, it's just this heart on my sleeve that's bleeding" makes my stomach drop. Poetic and beautifully tragic.

When I'm bored, I like to listen to "Three More Days" and I imagine that I'm the darlin he will be coming back to in just threeee mooooore daaaaays so he can give it till I can't say no! Hahahaha!

When I'm hyped I like to listen "Forever My Friend" or "Can I Stay." Both are on the slower side, but they remind me of my real hubby and that makes me even more hyped. "Can I Stay" was what I walked down the aisle to when I got married.

Finally when I am mad I like to listen to "Henry Nearly Killed Me." It's about fighting, it has a funky fast beat and makes me want to dance around and burn down a barn!!

If you haven't heard Ray LaMontagne...what the heck are you thinking?! Go now my friends and listen...his voice is calming and wonderful. He has a new album out too!

1 comment:

JaymiPop said...

Woah, crazy! I had decided to do this post using only 1 artist before I even read yours...and now I see that we both did the same thing, pretty much! Ooops!

What can I say? Great minds think alike.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails