Tuesday, August 24, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 2

The Meaning Behind Your Blog Name

Oh goodness. I wonder how many of you have sat down and thought "what the heck does Pill's Place mean anyway?" Yep, all 5 of you that read my blog are just sitting there rubbing your temples right now. So, here is the answer my fine friends.

I have a husband that likes nicknames. In the list of friends there is a pisspants, an anus, a turkey legs, a canned hammy, a peanut and even a guy named Del whose name isn't even Del yet that is what everyone calls him. Many many years ago I once sat at a table full of my husband's buddies. Guys I had known at that point for at least 3 years. There were a couple of girls from Korea there with us and they turned to me and asked me to tell them every ones name. I sat there stupified because I hadn't a clue what half of their real names were. That's a true story my friends.

So, when the hubby and I started dating my first nickname was Spaghetti. Shortly there after everyone called me Ladybug, which quickly became Bug. Many still call me Bug. The hubby would laugh at me whenever I would go to bed because I would curl up like a little "pillbug." I had no idea what the heck he was talking about. Then I realized he was talking about what I knew as a rolley polley. From there the name evolved somehow into Pillworm. I was Pillworm for YEARS and even had it on my license plate at one point. During that time "Pill's Place" was born. I don't have that nickname anymore, but it was always my favorite and so the website will forever stay!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails