Friday, June 18, 2010

Bye Grandma!


For the past two weeks Leyton's Grandma, otherwise known as my Mommy D, has been here. I cannot express how WONDERFUL it was having the help around the house. Plus, she loved Leyton and he equally loved her. She had the Grandma touch and was always quick to get him soothed. She even discovered that the highly annoying squeaky rocker could quiet him in an instant.

Tonight she boarded a plane to return to Florida. When my mom moved to Florida I was happy for her. She'd been in the state of California for most of her life, aside from Texas as a young child. I thought it was going to be a great adventure for her and a great change of pace. It was. Selfishly though I'd like for that adventure to be over. So mom, I know you are reading this. Please come back. I want my child to know his Grandma and be with her all the time...not just every four months. Don't move to Texas, don't move to Oregon, don't move to Washington. Come home. The taxes are high, but the love is BIG!

3 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Oh my gosh, that brought tears to my eyes.

Wendy G said...

Me too Melissa. Linda, we miss you!

Duffy said...

Don't stop trying to convince her! Having my mom up the street is INVALUABLE! Not just a big help to me, but the bond Kate and Nana have is none I ever got to experience with my Grandparents!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails