Friday, February 05, 2010

When life hands you lemons....


make lemonade! Especially if they are Meyer lemons and are growing in your backyard! We have both an orange tree and a lemon tree in our yard and this year the citrus crop has been amazing. I actually had someone tell me that they think our orange tree was planted by Jesus, but that's a whole other funny story in itself. I wanted to make sure that our lemons didn't go to waste so I've been making lemonade. Oh my heavens it is delicious and has put the Hot Dogs on a Stick lemonade to shame.

If you have a lemon tree, try out this recipe:

2 cups of lemon juice
2 cups of water
1.5 cups of sugar (more or less to taste)

Dissolve sugar in water over low heat. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Add an additional 5-6 cups of water to taste and enjoy over ice. Ahhhh, cool and refreshing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails