Saturday, February 06, 2010

What goes with pancakes????


Beer! I know, you are reading that and thinking that I've just about lost my mind. In the most recent Rachel Ray Magazine they recommended that the next time you make pancakes you substitute half of the liquid with beer. Something about the yeast and fluffiness and whatever. So, I tried it and the verdict is DELICIOUS! You can't taste the beer, but it definitely adds something to the pancakes. Next time I'm going to use some of our holiday home brew that has a little spice to it.

On a side note, Rachel Ray drives me bonkers. I used to watch her 30 minute meals, but then she got all popular and then got that talk show and then got a little bit crazier and I gave up. What I did not give up on though is her magazine and her recipes in general. This woman knows how to cook. The recipes are easy and they are delicious, and you can pull them off quickly...though I don't really think 30 minutes is always enough time. I suggest checking this magazine out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails