Each weekend resumes with me feeling a bit of a panic attack because no progress is being made on our babies room. I decided this weekend to turn it all around and get stuff done!! I started cleaning out closets, moving craft supplies to under the bed boxes and taking stuff out of the room that didn't need to be there.
Then it was time to move onto the dressers. I purchased a dresser set on Craigslist for $80 that was in decent shape, but needed new hardware, drawer liners and touch up paint. It was quite a project but I am soo happy with how they look now...and what a deal they were! The smaller one actually has a bookshelf that goes on top of it, but we weren't quite ready to move it into the room yet as the dresser will be in a different place once the rest of the room falls together.Two more big steps were going to be getting the queen bed out of the room and moving the desk and computer out into our main living area. The queen bed couldn't be moved this weekend because of threatening rain that never came. We decided to get the desk out though and my husband went to work trying to figure out how to get the cable connected in it's new location vs the bedroom. This way we wouldn't have to get a wireless card for the computer. Let me tell you the man is a genius because he figured it out and now the office is set up in it's new space.
I feel so much better now that we got a bunch of stuff accomplished! Now we just have to get the queen bed out and have the room painted. It's going to be painted the same color but once the other pieces come in the room it will liven the place up a bit. While this is the babies room it is also still our guest room so I'm trying not to go too overboard!