Friday, February 12, 2010

Clip Clip


I feel like I should start by saying, I've never liked coupons. My mom was a BIG coupon user. Sorry mom, I have to drag you in here! There was just something about getting to the store and riffling through that coupon book that drove me bonkers. I ended up with this overall feeling as an adult that you end up buying things you don't need just because you have a coupon. On the other hand, as I've gotten older I have found many a savings website where I am amazed by how much money people save using coupons. Then arose the other problem that there was no way I could see myself spending the time comparing the coupons that I have to the ads.

Then I found Saving with Amy. This is seriously a great site. Partner it up with Coupon Saving Game and you can save a bundle. Why is it easy? Well, because they are doing all the ad browsing for you and creating a nice little list of where you can go with your coupon to save the most dollars. I made a firm decision that I would start my coupon venture with diapers.

Today, I officially became a mom. I walked into a Walgreens, where diapers were on sale for $8.99. I then handed them my $2 off coupon making them $6.99. I then handed them my 15% of friend and family discount coupon making them $5.94. Then I got $3 in register rewards...making a pack of diapers only $2.94. Score! It was exciting, it was exhilarating and it really made me feel like a mom. Not only was I using coupons, but I was also buying my first pack of diapers. Holy shit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails